Get the most out of YOU in 2021: How to start your New Year strong by learning to release the stressors that are holding you back!
I'm Dr Ryan Wohlfert.
I've helped thousands of people transform thier health, energy, & performance, which extends into every aspect of thier lives. You can upgrade your brain, energy and preform at a high level in your 40's, 50's 60's, and beyond...
It all starts with your MINDSET as the FOUNDATION!
An expert has shown you step by step HOW to lose weight, gain muscle, or get in the best shape of your life, you KNOW it WILL work if you do it, it's the best strategy you've ever heard of.... yet you DON'T do it?
Or you try it, you feel great, it's working... then you STOP doing it? It doesn't 'stick.'
We've all been there.
The problem is that you can have the best techniques to get in shape, the most effective means to lose fat, or the greatest approach to get lean and healthy.
And this is the point which so many Health professionals, fitness experts, and nutrition gurus miss. You have to lay the foundation in your Focus and Mindset before any long term gains can be achieved and sustained.
But, if you don't know WHY you're doing it or WHO you actually are or WHAT is stopping you, it's never gonna stick. Just like you need to prime a wall for the paint to stick, you need the primer (your why, who, and what) for the paint (the bestest ever Health strategy) to stick.
2021 is about finding yourself again. In order to understand your purpose, you need to understand what YOU want.
Healthy Brain = Healthy Body
For some of us, the hardest things to do is to dive inward and figure out the root of what we’re dealing with. What exactly does our brain want from us and how do we understand it?
If your number one goal for the new year is to have a healthy body, then YOU MUST have a healthy brain. This is why the term “Brain Nutrition” exists!
It’s impossible to have a healthy brain without a healthy body, and vice-versa. Brain and body are co-dependent. By improving one, you automatically improve the other. By damaging one, you automatically damage the other. The downward or upward spirals of brain and body health have a symbiotic relationship with stress.
Now, that graphic might look a little worrying; however, by replacing, reducing or removing much of the negative (or chronic) stress in our lives, the circle is changed. It’s impossible to remove ALL stress from our lives, but we can find ways to increase your body and brain’s capacity to deal with chronic stress.
Negative stress can either be removed, replaced or reduced. This is where the bucket analogy comes in. By envisioning your body and brain as a single bucket, you can keep its contents in check.
Physical Stress Examples:
- Poor Fitness, Nutrition & Sleep
- Disease & Illness
- Environmental Toxins
Psychological Stress Examples:
- Working with Tight Deadlines
- Imbalanced Neurotransmitters
- Negative Emotions
Psychosocial Stress Examples:
- Unhealthy Relationships
- Unflattering Social Media Posts
- Inferiority Complex
Spiritual Stress Examples:
- Unfulfilled Career
- Feelign that Life is Meaningless
- Not Following Your Instincts
After experiencing a year like no other, it’s easy to say that our buckets have been filled with some, if not all of these stressors. So, where do we go from here? How do we take back the control that may have taken from us?
The answer is this:
Hold the Vision. Trust the Process. Win the Day!
Key Action Steps to upgrade and sustain your healthy New Year’s Resolutions
It’s January...and you’re feeling that New Year’s Resolution motivation. But, for most people it’s hard to keep up that motivation. Motivation is a neurological SKILL, meaning it can be learned and trained OR ignored and lost.
Some of my most frequently asked questions around this time of year are:
- Why is it SO HARD to stay motivated?!
- How do I create and sustain habits? AND
- How do I make those habits last beyond the New Year’s Resolution period?
Oftentimes people go into the new year headstrong and FAST. This mindset masks our brains to think that we are ALL IN, when really it is setting us up for unmet expectations. Although the all or nothing mentality seems appealing, it really is too much too soon.
1) Substitute an Unhealthy Version for the Healthy Version. Below you will find a list of foods to avoid and their healthier alternative:
- Avoid fried foods (chicken, fish, etc), and replace with baked or grilled foods.
- Avoid Soda pop (diet or regular), and replace with water, coconut water, or kombucha.
- Avoid margarine and conventional butter, and replace with ghee.
- Avoid conventional peanutbutter and replace with natural nut butters.
- Avoid creamy salad dressings and replace with oils and vinaigrettes.
2) Healthy Eating Starts with Healthy Grocery Shopping. Be prepared when you go to the store by making a list, planning meals ahead of time, and eating before going into the store. Use the “Rainbow Shop” tactic, which means try to get every color of the rainbow in your cart (and I don’t mean different colored boxes). Different colors equals a variety of and multiple nutrients.
3) 10 Power Foods
- Almonds - Magnesium, healthy fats, riboflavin
- Apples - Fiber, vitamin C, Antioxidants
- Berries - Fiber, vitamin C and K, manganese
- Broccoli - Calcium, Iron
- Red Beans - Fiber, B6, Energy
- Salmon - Omega 3’s, protein
- Spinach - Iron, vitamin A, C, and folate
- Avocados - Vitamins C, E, B6, potassium, fiber
- Pomegranates - Vitamin C, antioxidants, potassium
- Wheat Germ - Contains protein, fat, and some fiber
4) Go Organic. Organic produce and foods are grown without added pesticides or fertilizers which can contaminate the food. You can shop your local farmer’s market or open air market.
5) 3 Step Plan for Eating Out. One, choose a restaurant that has fresh ingredients. You cannot control what ingredients the restaurant uses, but you can control how much you put into your mouth. Two, order from the appetizer menu but avoid fried foods. This step is tricky since there are many fried foods on the appetizer menu. Three, and most importantly, split an entrée with your dining companion or get a to-go box with your food order; put half of your order in the box as soon as your food comes. BONUS TIP! After you decide on a healthier item from the menu (like a nice salad, or salmon with veggies), stop looking at the menu! More times than not, if you keep looking you’re increasing the chances of choosing an unhealthier item.
Did You Know?!
Superhuman Brain Shakes are an amazing way to:
- Upgrade Energy
- Improve Performance
- Optimize Health & Longevity
- Enhance Brain Function & Memory
- Improve Clarity & Focus
- Feel & Look Better
Together, let’s make a plan
One thing that I love about my job is the one-on-one connection that I build with all of my clients. It is essential to create individualized plans, to ensure that you are getting the care and attention you need to succeed.
I offer Health Strategy Sessions so I can learn about you and what you want before we commit to anything. And, we can do this from anywhere in the world. During this session, we’ll focus on what's happening with your health right now and the results you’re getting. We'll also discuss your goals and what’s stopping you from reaching your goals. This will help me determine if I think I can help you, and the options available to get you the best, fastest, and longest lasting results.
I believe you can break-free from any dependence and #BeYourOwnGuarantee!
Happy New Year!